Proverbs 3:5-7
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
This morning as I was getting Obadiah ready for his doctors appointment I was singing him this song that goes along with the verse above: Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise (Be not wise ) in thine own eyes (in thine own eyes): fear the LORD (fear the LORD), and depart from evil (and depart from evil). Be not wise (Be not wise ) in thine own eyes (in thine own eyes): fear the LORD (fear the LORD), and depart from evil (and depart from evil)!We prayed right before we left for his appointment.
Daily, we have been reading a book of Proverbs and praying for our (Obadiah and My) day and daddy's day to go well. Today, we prayed for Obadiah's 4 month appointment to go well!!
Many of you know from the previous blog post that Obadiah was going in today for his 4 month shots. I received an anonymous comment on that post that stated: "Be careful about giving him shots so early,they can cause Autism and other serious conditions. Do your homework...there are a lot of healthy babies who were fine until they were given Vaccines. Please do your homework on them." First off I would like to say, This is our family blog and we post things that are going on in our family wither its news, updates, beliefs, or what not. Secondly, I am not here to "argue" or "debate" over this virtual Internet world. I am posting where we stand to make things clear for others who may read our blog!I did to my "homework"! On top of researching several different websites about autism and vaccines I have talked to several different people, including family, close friends, and most importantly Obadiah's pediatrician (who has been in his profession for over 30 years)! Where we stand is we trust God to give our doctor's wisdom on how to treat us.There is no link to vaccines causing autism. My doctor gave me a wonderful website to look at: vaccine.chop.edu! This website looks at both sides of questions several people have about vaccines.
So, Obadiah DID get his 4 month shots today! He did pretty good today, he had some Tylenol and he is now sleeping. He did not have a reaction to his last set of shots, which are all the same shots today. He was a little grouchy for about 12 hours last time.Obadiah is doing great. He was using his voice today at his appointment. He weighs 12 lbs 10 oz which is on the 10%, he is 24 1/2 inches long which is in the 25%, and get this-his head circumference is 42 cm which is in the 50%-he has a "big" head, compared to the rest of his body, he is "heavy-top" as what Janinne called it! Even though he is in the 10% & 25% for weight & height, he is growing at a steady pace!! His doctor says he is doing awesome!!
SO thankful that God gave us a healthy baby boy!! Both, Chris and I can not believe he is all ready 4 months old!! Praise the Lord!! We are excited to see this little grow and we are excited for what God has in store for our family, including if he decides to bless us with more little blessings in the future!=)
insulated lunch tote
5 years ago

1 comment:
Oh sweetie, good job! You are doing so well and I am glad to hear that you did do your "homework". I too, as I think many have heard those "rumors" and found that it actually was just that, rumors, as the evidence is inconclusive for linking autism and shots. Also, we were leery to give Will all his shots, but after researching what they all were found that at this young age he really needs them all, as they are all for pretty high risk stuff. Anyhow, I am sorry someone posted that on your blog without even giving their name. I am glad to hear all went and is going well, and I admire your faithfulness to the Lord. :)
Post a Comment