Yes...You read that right...Our Baby Girl Rhiannon Renée Is 15 MONTHS OLD!
She is about 20lbs & 31 inches long!
She is in 18 month clothing & 18/24mo/2T dresses!
She is in 3-4 size shoes.
Size 3 in Diapers!
We recently removed dairy from Rhiannon's diet & some issues cleared up. But, I still think there is something else that doesn't sit well with her. I have just been having a hard time figuring out what is causing her issues besides dairy & her having acid reflex! I just want to figure out what is causing her issues so she can eat food that doesn't cause her problems!!!! Poor baby girl!
Rhiannon had her doctor appointment on Tuesday. We did not see our normal doctor-which I was pretty sad about! Chris wanted me to bring up a few different concerns we have with Rhiannon...so I did & they were all pretty much shook off & disregarded. I didn't want to get into it at the doctors office--I was D.O.N.E. So I talked to a few clothes friends/family members about my visit & asked what I should do! Deep down I KNOW what I should do...but I feel really bad because I love our doctor & the office we go to! I was encouraged by one of my friends just last night to stand up & fight for my child(ren), if you feel like I need to do something do it! I am my child's voice, if I don't speak up for them...no one else will.
I contacted
Holly Ridge & asked to speak to someone about the infant toddler program. I received a call back the next day. I explained about our doctors visit for my 15 mo daughter & felt like I need to seek out help/another set of eyes. And if she is alright then awesome if she isn't we caught some concerns early & with help we can help her work through it NOW while she is still young instead of shaking it off until she is school age & possible problems come to the forefront. I am ALL about early prevention!
We did an hour-ish evaluation. Rhiannon appears to be below 25% in the social emotional area (more at a 10 month old child) & also appears to be below 25% in the language communication area (more at a 10 month old child). There was one other area she was a little bit behind but wasn't a concern. Our next step is getting a packet in the mail & someone will call to set up an in person evaluation. Which will also include a simple hearing test.
We have noticed that when we are directly behind Rhiannon & call her name or clap she has no response. We usually have to tap her on her shoulder or go in front of her to get her attention. Her eyes appear to work great & she is also is very aware of her surroundings. But, if she does have some type of hearing issues then that can definitely effect her having problems in the speech area. Which she does appear to be a little behind in that area.
I am working on figuring out what to do as far as getting Rhiannon check for allergies. I was told that "most children grow out of that stage" Well...her 4 year old brother did not! He is ALLERGIC to dairy! He suffered for 4 years! So it is very possible that Rhiannon could be allergic too! So, if you know of any doctors who will test children for allergies-please let me know! I would really like to find one who our insurance covers! Our doctor's clinic FINALLY prescribed us some butt paste for Rhiannon! Took them over a year for that!!!!!!!!
 |
| Her first time at a Play place! She was so excited! |
 |
| She had her eye on a lollipop! |
 |
| They were ALL loving this book! |
 |
| she LOVES DIRT! |
 |
| loving her uncle mason |
 |
| Rhiannon in a big girl bed! |
 |
| Bud was trying sooo hard to get rhiannon out! |
 |
| she was helping make muffins! |
 |
| loving her dairy free snack! |
 |
| she wanted some enjoy life chocolate chunks |
 |
| yumm |
 |
| totally fell asleep right outside her bedroom door! |
 |
I think she looks cute in these ninja slippers. What do you think? |
No comments:
Post a Comment