Tuesday, February 11, 2014

a momma's instinct!

"I am sooo frausterated with our doctor's office! The soonest they can get us in with our doctor is next week then he would refer us to an allergist!! And I do not want to see a nurse because they just pushed off the problems! I don't want to wait a full week to figure out what foods Rhiannon can & can not eat! She has snuck so much food in the last day of trying to restrict her on certain foods! Excuse me while I go CRY!"

Was a status update from earlier in the day on Monday!

I decided to call Silverdale Pediatrics, recommended by my friend! As I was waiting to hear back from this office wither or not they were accepting new patients...I was informed that I could call an allergist & get in quicker. I was also told..that it could take up to 6 weeks to get into an Allergist!

As I sat at my computer trying to decide Which Allergist to call..I thought/prayed/said out loud..."Ok Lord, if Silverdale Pediatrics calls me back today we are supposed to go in that route, if they don't then I will pick an allergist & call them myself. Please, help me decide which one to call!!!"  As I was comparing two different allergist....the phone rang! It was Silverdale Pediatrics saying that their doctors would love to see my children!  Long story short...they had an appointment at 2:45pm THAT DAY!!!!!!


{insert happy dance}


I really liked this doctor.  He listened to our long story/experience.

He checked bud again. He was checked at Rhiannon's 15 MO appt! He has been itching really bad & has scratches on his body!  The ARNP we saw said, "He has a skin condition-no further explanation, no creams to use...nothing."  The doctor we saw today said he has dry skin. And asked about his bathing. He said, "take short quick baths-no playing for long period of time! It will dry out your skin"  WELL...Bud LOVES baths...and LOVES to play in the bath for a long time!  He gave us some samples of lotion & body wash to try for dry skin!

As the new doctor was checking Rhiannon out he was asking if her nose ran a lot. I said, not a lot just a lot lately because of the cold weather-as soon as it hits her nose the flood gates open!  He said, "Does she snore loud?" "YES! This was a concern my husband had! She has always snored & been a loud sleeper since she was born! So much so it concerned my husband & he couldn't sleep the first couple of weeks because he was checking to make sure she was still alive!"  The new doctor wants rhiannon to have an x-ray on her adenoids.  He believes they may be enlarged.  He wrote up the referral & I can go on in whenever is convenient for me! (gulp)
                  (side note-I thought of this several hours later---In the previous post I stated that I contacted holly ridge to get an evaluation done on Rhiannon-she seems to be behind on her speech. Well, if Rhiannon has large adenoids, it could very well be effecting her speech!)

This Momma Was Right! Something wasn't right with her baby girl!

We were able to get a blood drawn Allergy test for Rhiannon! She did such an AWESOME job! The needle did not phase her one bit! I was really surprised because bud was freaking out during his allergy test!  The results should be in within 24hrs, but could take longer on certain allergies!  I really liked the new doctor we saw today.  Even though the allergy test was not done in office...we were only right down the road from where the allergy tests are done & am so happy we were able to get this test done Today!!!

Rhiannon after the allergy test! 


No comments: