Wednesday, January 21, 2009

...help....?? please....

I need..okay i dont need...i would like some recipes..I am thankful christopher and i have food...but i am SO sick of hamburger helper or anything with hamburger in it! LOL.. i have made roast beef, beef stew, fried chicken, baked chicken with rice and potatoes...but i just need some more ideas or recipes...i have to books... christopher has not complained once and says the cooking is great and so far i have not had a 'disaster-meal' (surprising..LOL)!

PLEASE...if you have recipes PLEASE post them...or email them to christopher.jeanne@hotmail.com i need..i mean would like recipes for desserts, main meals, small snacks..anything and everything...

6 comments:

The Casaus House said...

I will be thinking of some of our favorite recipes and will post some soon so others can have them too. I just wanted to suggest allrecipes.com That's my favorite site when I have NO idea what to cook. You can click on "ingredients" and type in what you have (ex. chicken, rice, broccoli) and it will bring up all the recipes with those things in it. We love the Cheesy Enchilada hamburger helper wrapped in tortillas. Just add some refried beans, shredded cheddar, sour cream and salsa and it makes a yummy burrito that doesn't taste like hamburger helper. I'll try to post some recipes soon.

Anonymous said...

Jeanne', one recipe that comes to mind is for breakfast. Actually, it is good anytime. Do you and Christopher like oatmeal? The recipe is for baked oatmeal and you can put raisins in it, or dried cranberries and orange peel. Let me know if it sounds good to you, and I will write the recipe down and get it to you. Mrs. Olsen

Hazel Eye Beauty said...

other daughter,,, I have a ton of recipie mags you can have, you need to invite us over...hint hint... do you have essentials like measuring spoons, cups etc? I would be glad to give you some pointers!! Mrs. Gray

Anonymous said...

My dad has some surprisingly good recipes, I know, my dad... Anyway, for breakfast he makes cinnamon and sugar rice: regular old sticky rice with butter, lots of sugar and a smidge of cinnamon. Then he also makes this mac&cheese stuff. I know you said you're tired of hamburger but... just add it to the mac&cheese and also add canned diced garlic tomatoes. It is so good! Maybe my mom will give you the recipe for Bastine.

Jeanné said...

i guess i really dont need breakfast items..i should update my blog...

yes we like oatmeal...christopher makes it ALL the time for me!

i mostly need recipes for dinner though...

i do add stuff to the hamburger helper..like the chessy enchalda..we have that ALL the time too..but i add extra cheese and corn to it and i eat it with tortilla chips...and for mac n chesse i added tuna and peas, and then one yesterday we had mac n cheese with breen beans, corn, and hamburger...so i do always add extra items in...

Jenn said...

Hey Sweetie, Two favorites around here are hot dogs, potatoes, cream of mushroom soup, and cheddar cheese, slice your hotdogs, peel and slice your potatoes, put in a 9x13 casserole dish add your big can of cream of mushroom soup and a (LITTLE) milk, salt & pepper and mix. Then top with shredded cheese, bake at 350 until potatoes are tender. It sounds yucky but oh so yummy!! And the other is cresent roles with chicken & cream cheese & salsa. Just boil or grill your chicken (left over chicken works too) mix cream cheese & salsa and place chicken & salsa on creasent roll, roll up and bake according to package. It's yummy. Hope those help. If you need more let me know.