Thursday, July 23, 2009

funnies =]

Within the past weeks, my mother and I have gone to different stores!

Every time I am with my mom, she tells everyone (I swear) EVERYONE
"This is my oldest, she is carrying my FIRST grandbaby, and it’s a boy!"
The people just stare...

Then my mom says, "She is married! She got married in Dec 08"
The people's mouths drop...and they stare even longer..
Then my mom says, "She is turning 21 in November!"
Then the people normally say "O WOW IT LOOKS LIKE SHE is 12 YEARS OLD!"
Then we all start laughing!

Never fails..ALL the time...that is how it goes when I am out with my mom!

Well, last time this happened was when we were at the Commissary on base. It dawned on me to why I cannot find maternity clothes that fit me....the answer to my question is...Who in the world would make maternity clothes for a 12 year old?! This is the answer to the question I have been searching for...throughout my whole pregnancy!!! =P NOW, I AM NOT 12 years old...I am turning 21...but apparently to everyone else...I look like a 12 year old!! This why it is ESPECIALLY important...that I should NOT forget my wedding ring =] or the stares get stranger!! LOL

5 comments:

The Browning Family said...

Funny post. You do, indeed, look young. What a blessing that will be as you grow older! LOL

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! At least you can laugh about it. Don't worry, you won't always look so young! Lol! I know this from experience!!! Okay, I am serious but in a joking sort of way! I was very young when I had my first, I kinda wish I still looked so young, maybe. Although, people were asking me and my hubby while we were on our cruise, if this was our first child, imagine the reaction when we told them it was our 10th!!! We seriously had to carry a picture of our family for proof! It was a bit flattering, though!! You look so great, and I am so proud of you for your weight gain this week, now If I could lose mine!!! A week on a ship with all you can eat, and then a week in a car for over 3400 miles, does bad things to a body!! Ha, ha! Time to get back on target, walking and eating less calories!! Oh, fun! Love ya!

~Emily

Grandma Shirley said...

Your Aunt Carly always looked like a kid. When you get to be my age, you'll appreciate when someone thinks you are younger. People don't believe I'm gonna be a G-gramma!

Garth and Becky said...

Haha...love this post! I'm sure you and your mom love seeing all the expressions on people's faces when you're out shopping. Your mom doesn't look old enough to have a 21-year old either, so maybe you'll keep your youthful look!

The Casaus House said...

That was cute! Your mom definately doesn't look old enough to be a grandma! You both are beautiful youthful looking ladies. I used to get that a lot when I first got married but I guess I finally look my age. I don't get those comments anymore. EVERY time I go out with my kids someone says, "Are they all yours?" Whoa, imagine having 4 kids! That's sooooooooo many! They couldn't all possibly come from the same momma! I'm rambling, sorry. I just think its funny.