Friday, July 17, 2009

July 17 Appointment

Today I had my regular monthly appointment.

I gained back the 3lbs I lost from when weighed in on Wednesday of this week!
My blood pressure is good but they found some protein in my urine.
My doctor/nurse said to try and drink MORE water.
I have been trying to drink two of my water bottles (which is 64 oz a day)!

Informed my doctor that morning sickness has come back, she is going to be prescribing me an anti-nausia pill that will hopefully work =]

I also asked if she can tell how Obadiah was laying in my belly by feeling my belly...but she said, during this time babys are ALWAYS constantly moving and always changing positions! I know this little boy moves CONSTANTLY..!!!

I asked about the "cramping" feeling I have been having about 2 inches left and 1/2 down from my belly button-my nurse said that it could be Braxton Hicks, a baby limb (which I knew already from Aunt Janinne) and it could also be my muscles/tendons stretching and tearing (which is very common in petite ladies like me during pregnancy)----{ouch}
(My nurse was mostly caring for me because my doctor was a little behind because she was delivering a baby during my appointment!!)

Obadiah is doing great, heart beat sounded great! I am 22cm (from the pubic bone to the top of the uterus)-my doctor said that is really good for how tiny and petite I am, so he is growing and progressing great!

At this appointment I also had to take the glucose test, to check for gestational diabetes.
I made it through my test...barely! I got to drink a fruit punch drink (since lemon and orange makes me sick)! I am also being checked for Anemia. All the results should be back by next Wed (at the latest)!

Thank you everyone who prayed that all would go well! I really appreciate it!

~~My baby shower is coming up in a week, it is on Friday, July 24 at 3:00pm at Janinne Broxton's house. We are registered at Sears, Walmart, and BabyRUs (if you find something from another store that is cheaper, it IS OKAY =] (I have had people ask about that), O and other people have also asked about if we are using disposal diaper, and we are, I prefer Huggies Diapers and Huggie Baby wipes (Cucumber & Green Tea)! I hope you ALL can make it to celebrate and help Christopher and I prepare for the arrival of our first son, Obadiah! (It is okay if you come late--I will be there =] )~~

No comments: