Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Latly

As I sit here and eat my yummy Hawaiian piece of pizza from Domino's I am thinking.

It has been a past few busy weeks.

Christopher has been working hard work. He is not going to school this quarter. His work said he can take 1 quarter off per year (wish we would have known this last year during Obadiah's arrival). He is such a great provider for this family! Very thankful Good blessed me with a man who is hardworking!

Obadiah is a little over 6 months! He sure is growing a lot. "Scoots" around the floor...kind of...I do not really know what to call it! We think he is going to skip crawling and just get up and walk! He is very strong or "tot" as what Chris says. A little monster. His laugh just melts your heart. So sweet. Always brightens my day...even when he is a little monster.

I, well, I decided to take this quarter off from school. I was going to go and finish up my 6 elective credits, but I decided to wait. I should see if I win any scholarships or qualify for financial aid in a few months. I have been doing a few "side" jobs here and there. Been keeping busy at home.


Been trying to stay encouraged, seems harder lately. A lot of things have been bugging me. Mostly about all this *first time mother* stuff (example--i remember when I was a first time mom, he heats baby food?? you know you shouldn't do that or this, why don't you try that or this, this helped for mine) (roll of eyes). It is like people think I have NO IDEA what I or my husband is doing! If we need or want help I keep trying to think of a quote someone told me, "Just put all that advice in a jar, seal is tight, when you are all done raising your child, then go open that jar up and read all that advice." (something along that line). It is all silly..just something I need to learn to deal with. I heard the "first time mother" stuff stops after the next kid. Sometimes I wish that will come sooner so all this will STOP. But, I am perfectly happy with my ONE child. God will bless when he sees fit to and I know, if i seek him, he will show me how to handle all of this.

Friends are so hard to find. Sure there are several people who ask how are you doing, but do not truly care how you are doing. I have found a few people who I can talk to lately. I just become frustrated because I am always trying to talk to people and invite people places but I, 99.9% of the time hear "I'm sorry, today will not work!" but then see those same people with other people. In their, what I like to call "comfort zone/clique". It is sad to see it happen. But it does. All I can really do is pray for those different people. But, I am very grateful for the few friends I have, that are either family members, people who I have adopted at family members or what I call, mentors.

Lets just say, I have been going through one of those seasons. If you would keep me in your prayers, I would appreciate it.

On the positive side-God has been blessing a lot lately-weddings, pregnancies, babies being born! So exciting! I have been told by several that "Obadiah has rubbed off on them"! =)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Keep leaning on the Lord :) I remember when I had Rebecca and everyone gave me the "first time mom" stuff, it can get frustrating but try to remember it's because people love you and want to help. Even when we don't really want or need it You and Chris are doing an AMAZING job with Obadiah! Follow the Lord, He gave you all the blessing of a son and He knows you will do a wonderful job :)

As for the "friend" situation, just be yourself and hang onto those who are truly friends, keep seeking the Lord and He will guide you and those who should be in your life.

Love you and am praying for you!!

As for the situation with "