Thankfully, Chris was home & got bud ready. To my surprise I was completely ready to go with a half an hour to spare! So, I was able to make a protein smoothie to go since I didn't have 'breakfast'.
I'm also thankful that we live fairly close to our family. Bud was able to go to my mother in law's!
I actually began typing up this post shortly after I took the first photo of the NST 'machine'. Thinking I was....going to be 'done'.
Well, Rhiannon had a MAJOR Decli in her heart rate during a contraction. So, My doctor sent me over to Labor & Delivery so they could watch me closely.
I was there about an hour & a half.
We had to do a biophysical profile (BPP) which measures baby's heart rate, muscle tone, movement, breathing, and the amount of amniotic fluid. Rhiannon Passed with Flying Colors! They could Not believe how active she was!!!!
Rhiannon changed position from yesterdays ultrasound, still head down but her face was up. We were able to get a photo of her face (this was a first). Personally, I think these shots are scary but my mom, mil & aunt Loved seeing this shot & says she is going to be a beautiful baby.
Rhiannon was blinking her eyes. She also has CURLY hair! YES! We saw the little curls on the ultrasound!
All I was thinking while in Labor in Delivery is I AM NOT READY FOR THIS BABY TO BE BORN!!!! AHHH!!! Well, my doctor says she doesn't think we will be going past 38 weeks. She is thinking she will be born closer to 37 weeks-THAT IS NEXT THURSDAY!!!!!!!
The doctor also doesn't think she will be over 4 1/2 lbs. But, like I said in the previous post. A different tech from our normal lady did our u/s yesterday. Everytime we have an u/s done by a different lady the measurements are off & there is a major decil in growth. Well, we can not measure baby for another 2 weeks..and she will probably already be born by then. So, we have to go by the u/s results. The u/s results said she is 4lbs 5 oz. So, my doctor is taking precautions. Since there was a Huge Decil in growth & we are "below" 10% more then likely my placenta stopped providing her the proper nutrients it needs to grow in the womb or growth restriction (not enough space for her to properly grow inside the womb.
My doctor is hoping that I will go into labor by myself since I am having contractions & already dialated. So pray we go into labor by ourselves BUT preferably After This Saturday !! My friend offered to take maternity photos for me this Saturday & I am really looking forward to having them done. =)
I have a feeling Rhiannon will be over 5 lbs. But a 4 lb baby & a 5 lb baby is a big difference! Will we need Preemie Clothes or Newborn? Which will I pack for the hospital? I may need to have my momma run to the store for me ;)
I *should* start packing my hospital bag...
ooohhhhh.....boy...or should I say girl! What a long day!
My next NST is this friday at 1!
| NST 'machine" |
| Face Shot! |

2 comments:
Love you!!! I sure do hope you make it a little longer! But God is in control! We are praying!!!
I am so excited for you! Praying that she's healthy no matter what her weight is. Hugs, Grace
Post a Comment