Tuesday, October 30, 2012

3rd NST

I had my 3rd NST today.
 
I was having some pretty hard contractions during the test.  Since, I was already in the office my doctor decided to see me today after my NST, since I had a doctors appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Doctor was a little concerned about the NST we had today.  She gave us two options:

1) Come in to be induced tonight
2) Come in tomorrow for another NST & Biophysical ultrascan, and continue that EVERYDAY until baby is born.

My doctor does not like suggesting induction, but she said she thinks it is best option & strongly urged us for this option.  She would rather have a small baby outside of the womb then...not having a baby at all inside the womb (if you get my drift).

Baby dropped below 10% on growth she is concerned that baby is not growing because of growth restriction (me being small) or my placenta is not giving baby nutrients to grow & thrive properly inside the womb. (Or a mixture of both).

So, midnight tonight we will be heading in to begin induction process.  My doctor thinks this process will go fairly quickly since I am 3-4 cm dilated!  So, she is thinking Rhiannon Rene'e will arrive around 3 am!  Doctor also says she may have to spend time in the nursery as well.

So , that is the plan (IF I don't go sooner)? ;)

Please pray for safety & health of baby. And for me. I am SOO nervous! More nervous then what I was with bud! Maybe it is because I know what is coming in less then 12 hours!!!!!!! ;)

1 comment:

Rachel Rose said...

praying for you! hoping to see news of her birth soon! cant wait to see what she looks like!