Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 15

WHAT A DAY...!!!
I got up at 3:30 a.m. to ride with Christopher to work so my mom can pick me up and take me to her house when she drops my dad off for work!! My mother, Issa, and I left her house at about 10:45 a.m. to head to group health for our 11:15 a.m. ultrasound
...when I arrived there I said, "I have an ultrasound at 11:15 a.m."
The receptionist said, "You must be Jeanne (Gene-e) Broxton!"
I said, "I am Jeanne' (Jen-ay) Broxton!" {and of course smiled =) }
The receptionist said, "We have been trying to get a hold of you for the past week and a half!"
I said, "I have not gotton any phone calls from group health!"
To make a "long story short" they were trying to contact me by my parent's old phone number from over 3 years ago..how they got that number, I HAVE NO IDEA!! They were trying to get a hold of me because the ultrasound tech who was going to do my ultrasound was "out of the office" today. The Receptionist was so sweet though, he went out of his way to find me a place who would do an ultrasound for me today because I would not be able to do my other appointments until I had this ultrasound!
We got scheduled for an ultrasound at Olympic Radiology at 1:30 p.m. today...which pushed my doctor's appointment and NST at 1:00pm back AFTER the ultrasound! We arrived at Olympic Radiology close to 45 minutes early (because we had nothing better to do), hoping that we would be able to get in early, but we instead got in late...at 2:00 p.m.! The ultrasound tech said she was going to be looking at the placenta to see how the blood and oxygen flow was in the placenta. I said, "I am pretty sure we also need to do measurements on the baby, if you need to, call my doctor!" (I also told this to the people at group health today!) We started the ultrasound...and the tech was checking my kidneys (raise of eyebrows). At the end of the ultrasound she walked out confirm with the doctor in her office, if there was anything else that needed to be done, she same back in the room and said, "You are good to go!"
We headed over to my doctor for my NST and Doctor's Appointment...I had my "regular" doctor's appointment...I weighed 116-ish pounds...still gaining weight =) heartbeat, blood pressure was GrEaT! I am still measuring "small, extremely small being at 35 weeks. About the ultrasound, I have to go to another one, will probably know the day tomorrow for MEASUREMENTS (like what I, my mother, my doctor, and nurse tried to explain and tell group health AND Olympic radiology!)

So, I have an NST tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. and a class at 10:00 a.m. I will probably have an ultrasound date tomorrow!

So..being up since 3:30 a.m. ALL we got accomplished was my regular doctor's appointment...and an extremely swollen feet/legs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! What a day! Hope you get some rest. That of course explains why I didn't see you at the doctor's office today, I was wondering. My NST was at 11 and my appt at 12:30. All went well and my doc just said, "feel free, feel free" meaning "feel free to have this baby at anytime! I just laughed, I of course would love to oblige, but, it is all in God's perfect timing! I have never gone BEFORE my due date, hmmmm maybe the 10th time could do it! :-) Not holding my breath.

~Emily