Thursday, September 24, 2009

Updates

Today we had our regular weekly check up!

My doctor gave us our "results" from our ultrasound we had last Friday.
Obadiah is still small--BUT he is growing and he has not stooped below the 10% for growth. So, even though he is "small" he IS growing!! Which means-we will NOT be induced at 37 weeks (which is this Saturday)! He is still in between the 15-17% on growth. BUT she is happy with the growth over the past few weeks, even though he is still behind. Since, he is still behind, we will be continuing to do NSTs (non-stress tests) twice a week.

My blood pressure is great, baby's heartbeat is great, and we are at about 33cm from the pubic bone to top of uterus-which is about a month behind. But she says I am extremely petite compared to an "average" pregnant lady. And she said just in the past few weeks she has noticed a difference in growth of the belly. More out then up.

Since he is "small" she does not advice that we keep him past his due date. Since, I have been having "contractions" (bearable-not painful) she is hoping my body will "go" before the due date (which I have a feeling it will)!

Since, I have been having "contractions" she "checked" me. She was VERY surprised at how extremely LOW Obadiah's head was. She had to move around his head to check the cervix. She said I am 50%-which is normal for how far along I am. The outside has "thinned" away but on the inside it is still "normal". So we will be watching that too. My doctor said the really nice thing about seeing me 3 times a week is that she can also monitor all of that very easily!

So, looks like all is good right now. He is small, but still growing! We are getting extremely excited about Obadiah's upcoming arrival---very very very soon!!

Please pray for Emily Houston to have her baby soon...! She is measuring 2 weeks ahead of her due date (the opposite problem as us)! I am going to feel SO bad if we have our baby before her. I know both our husbands are wanting to go to Men's Retreat...so the sooner the better =)

Thank you all for your continued prayers-we do appreciate it!!

2 comments:

Garth and Becky said...

Praise the Lord for continued growth and development. We are praying for you and Emily to have the babies soon!

Jenn said...

Praying for you and Mrs.Houston. If you need anything let me know.

Hugs & Prayers
Aunt Jenny