Sunday, April 26, 2009

what a day!!

wow! what an exciting first part of the day!!

I was actually feeling great this morning, I sang in choir this morning!! I have missed it SO SO SO much!! We sang, "Will You Stand!", just so happens this is one of my FAVORITE songs!! So much meaning, and it encourages me!! The baby kicks when I sing, I do not know if that is a Good thing or a Bad thing LOL I heard wonderful exciting preaching from my favorite pastor (Craig Houston)!! We also had my baby brother, Jakob's, baby dedication!! I was going to sstand up with my parents bc you know Jakob is my brother, but then again, I am not a "Dixon" I am a "Broxton" and have my own little family!! But, I do wish I would have stood up there with my family!! I just LOVE EVERY ONE of my siblings!! I am SO thankful for both sides of my family, we all go to the same church, we are all professed believers, and we can ALL get along WITHOUT fights!! Coming together is EXCITING NOT a PAIN!!

Today, Marks my "1 year Birthday" of trusting Christ as my Savior!! Last year at Ladies Retreat, I woke Emily Houston up somewhere around 3am because I could NOT sleep!! We talked for like an hour and a half almost two hours! I always relied on a little blue piece of paper to kind of convience me/assure me that I was truely saved, during every invitation at church, I would just have uneasy thoughts about dying and wither I was going to heaven or hell, I was trying to "convience" myself by saying, "DUH you are SAVED, Come on, YOU KNOW all the verses back and forth and you have even lead people to Christ!!" But still, something was not right, I KNEW it, but was trying to ignore it. I relized I was truely not saved, a saved person should not have "doubts" or "worries" about death! I had to over come my "Pride"! I finally relized I needed to do some praying by myself and repentence to God. Something Emily and NOONE else could do for me (So, Emily went back to bed =D !) I woke her up a second time aaround 5am to tell her that I truely accepted Christ as my personal Lord and Savior!!

This year, at Ladies Retreat, Emily was joking with me about not waking her up at 5 am!! LOL
SO, If Emily was tired when she got home this year, IT WAS NOT MY FAULT!! LOL
This years Ladies Retreat was about our words/tongue!! I Really liked this years Retreat, But Last Years Retreat will always be my FAVORITE!! (i'll blog more about the ladies retreat in a few days!)

BUT, God has Truely blessed me in this past year!! I mean I would have never thought that God would have blessed me so much with a WONDERFUL husband and a baby on the way!! I could ask for anything more and I don't think I can be any happier right at this point!! I am truely satisfied and content with what God has given to me!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yes!! It was such a great Sunday! It was so good to see you in the choir, I was happy that you were feeling good. Your family looked so beautiful standing up there for Jakob's dedication, I was smiling from ear to ear.

Anonymous said...

Not sleeping last year was an honor actually, the results were truly of the Lord! I did get sleep this year, but I'd stay up all night anytime for anyone who needed the Lord!! I am so happy for you, happy new-birthday!!!!

~Emily